Tonys parts collection

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What thread? There was that one post at the start that said:

"I like Pumas. I had a Puma but it died and now I don't have a Puma and I am sad. I also like stickers.

By Tony, age 36"

I may have paraphrased slightly. :-D

evilrob said:

"I like Pumas. I had a Puma but it died and now I don't have a Puma and I am sad. I also like stickers. I may get another one shortly if I save my pocketmoney.

By Tony, age 36"

FTFY :-D

Sorry, Tone - we really have bollocksed up your new project thread haven't we. I'm sure Neil, the "I ruddy love hitting the delete button" Mod will reset it for you. :thumbs:

evilrob said:

"I like Pumas. I had a Puma but it died and now I don't have a Puma and I am sad. I also like stickers.

By Tony, age 36"

If Neil deletes your post Rob, it'd be a ruddy shame is what it'd ruddy be!

(Ruddy).

Right, now everyone has finished stealing my thread, I'll post up a few pictures of some bits I've been collecting ready:

Clock with temperature display:
WP_20130507_002_zpsa3131373.jpg

I've already modded it to have a white backlight

Small decals:
WP_20130507_010_zps982fc36f.jpg

Not decided where the 'Puma' ones will go

My first ProjP decal!!
WP_20130507_011_zps9dbf68a1.jpg

And a set of DRLs:
WP_20130507_004_zpsd837a107.jpg

WP_20130507_008_zps33cfcf1b.jpg

WP_20130507_009_zps827c17fb.jpg

These are proper heavy lights, with thick glass lenses on the fonts. I wired them both up to a 12v power supply and they were just as bright as a set of headlights!

Also on the way....
Temp sensor for clock
DRL control module with dim on indicator

For the DRLs... due to the length of them, they wont fit within the measurements stated for their proper placement. I know after market DRLs don't come under/within those measurements, but you never know if they will bring them in line in the future.
The DRLs are made so they also connect to the side lights so the go out when the lights are turned on.
So, I have a few choices....

1. Return them. They were *cough* expensive!
2. Throw them on 'as is' and sort them out if the regulations on their positioning change.
3. As above, but connect them to the DRL module, but connect the feed for the indicator circuit to a switch, so I can turn them off completely if I wanted to
4. Make my own DRL LEDs within the headlight unit (making them come within the correct measurements), connecting them to the DRL control module and use the set of DRLs as fog lights, wiring them to the fog light switch via a relay
5. Something different

good to see you couldn't keep the soldering iron cold for long :)

go for option 4 you know you want to

And some more parts.....

Automatic headlight control module and beeper for the deadlock:
WP_20130518_001_zps1a672366.jpg

Now I need to sit and draw a wiring diagram so I can work out how to wire everything up.

PumaNoob said:
After seeing other lights you've made, I'd say option 4. You could make them look stock.
How about this....?

WP_20130519_004_zpsb29a139f.jpg

WP_20130519_005_zps2b7c49e3.jpg

For some reason, one of the LEDs decided it didn't want to be part of this experiment....
WP_20130519_001_zps115f2203.jpg

WP_20130519_002_zpse330f9aa.jpg

WP_20130519_003_zps783d79a7.jpg

It was, but decided it didn't want to play ball by the time I got the camera out...

Latest posts

Back