Too much oil in?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wainie

Hi everyone.

Over the past 2 weeks there has been about 7 litres of engine oil put in my puma, mainly through lack of communication and stupidness!!

When the engine gets warm the exhaust smokes like its on fire, it loses power and its banging n clanging under the bonnet!!
How much damage will it or has it already done to my engine? and how do i empty the oil out?

when i take out the dipstick its about 3" past the 'full' mark

Oh lord 7 litres, normal oil/filter change is about 4.5.

I am suprised its not blown a seal or there is not a puddle of oil on the floor.

Id take it to a garage asap and get them to suck it out as thats what some use now, I was told instead of emptying it out usual way.

holy sh*t 7 litres, ok if it was me i would drain the oil out the sump to a normal level then take the air filter lid off and have a look,im guessing the oil will have come up the crank breather pipe so if there is oil in with the filter you will also need to take the inlet manifold off and clean it out and the inlet ports on the head,i would also take the black breather box off and clean it out as well.

Latest posts

Back