Top GPS kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIIVVX

When I bought the Jagdeo I was a bit miffed that it didn't have the factory fit Satnav (Big screen on the centre console)

I bought a Garmin Nuvi off E-Bay, European maps and 'traffic'

I've had it for about nine months and had written off the traffic thing as being of no relevance to me.

Sunday, headed for N Wales I suddenly noticed that the 'ETA' read out had gone to just dashes.

That's annoying.. no chance of a warranty fix for a second user unit.

Then after some fiddling I noticed a red triangle in the corner.

I hit it, and it told me that the A5 was closed ahead.

So I selected 'detour'

It routed me around (Via Ellesmere) at the cost of about six minutes journey time.

I turned on the radio, and within about ten minutes (plenty of time for me to have reached the A5) there was news that it was completely shut due to a vehicle fire.

Not a feature on the inbuilt satnav.

Garmin beats Jaguar any time :)

Cool. Always good to find features that are not only useful but you didn't know you had!

Inbuilt sat navs tend to be naff, but they look the part. Aftermarket stuff looks a bit tacked on i think, but they tend to work better.

The inbuilt sat nav's on all Ford derived cars at present are somewhat unreliable. Most of the managers here dont bother having them now as they just dont work.

I'd half agree. The ShatNav in mums x-type is far worse than the in-built SatNav in her old Laguna.

Cue one of my favourite gif files...

shatnav.gif

I was looking at a kenwood all in one touch screen dvd gps unit, £1400... very nice though!

Latest posts

Back