Track sl@g

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottwootton

My brother and i have decided after doing 100's of track/rallydays and 5 years off roading, to do a little track sl@g.
What better platform than a 1.7 puma

77d4ba07.jpg

97df81f6.jpg

195ec3ac.jpg

65791efc.jpg

a5b13bf9.jpg

5a48dfcd.jpg

32b6b433.jpg

8e80cde9.jpg

450da764.jpg

Besides stripping out the interior and a cone filter and graphics has anything been done with suspension / engine?
Also if you are tracking this I would make sure the cam belt has been changed recently last thing you want is that failing giving your car full tilt on a track.....

Engine :- 4-2-1 manifold, decat race pipe, cone filter, full service inc all belts etc she ran 132bhp on rr which was perfectly fine for us.
Suspension:- slight camber change and shorter springs all round
Brakes- brembo replacement on front

Were going to use the air field day to test, where to spend the time and money next.

Its just for fun really, we wont be entering the btcc, were just 2 fat dads with to much time on our hands

Good to hear you have changed the cam belt .... the 1.7 vvt's have a habbit of destroying itself if this one isn't changed every 5 years or as per service requirement , 132 bhp sounds like it is making about stock which is not bad if the car has a few miles on it ......

MIght be worth considering powerflex bushes to tighten things up and make it a bit tighter , decent set of coilovers will make a world of difference as the standard suspension (like the car) is 12+ years old.

Good approach to develop the car after a good shake down ...... don't worry I think there are other dads on here as well building track day cars ........ :grin:

No we havent took her on track yet, were doing an airfield day to test it first. Weve tested it a little on some private land our friend owns and everything seems as it should

I think steve is referring to all the sound deadening ?

But the membrane stuff weighs a lot I believe 6-7 kg minus the stuff behind the dashboard, you will be surprised when you start peeling it off as it is horrid stuff, although not so bad as getting dynamat out lol

Weve vented up the bonnet to allow the heat to escape. Ive heard that rear facing manifolds have issues with heat. Has anyone done simular with there track toy. And how do they fair up under high revving all day

never had a problem with mine, so much more advantage having the inlet up the front cool

Me likes the top ones the most, but only if they were black (please excuse me, I have a thing for black wheels) I don't think the red works quite as well. Second choice are the middle ones. The last wheels look to street in my opinion.

Middle ones. White wheels are badass. Speedline Corse doubly so.

Back