Turning On

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burn8

Hey,

sometimes probably 3 in 10 times i turn my engine on it struggles, and i have to retry and push the accelerator down, does anyone know if this is an issue with the cambelt or ?

Found using Shell V-power does help the engine. Since i was running low and had to put 95 supermarket stuff in its come back.

mine used to do exactly the same thing you'll find it does it more oftern after shorter trips i.e. poping to the shops, i did read somewhere its got somthing to do with fuel temporarily flooding the system and it is extremeely common on Pua's theres no real way to stop it but to avoid it happening when you star the car put the key into position 2 so the lights come on your dash wait 4-5sec until they go out wait 2 more sec then try and start and it shoulndnt do it :) hope that helps

martinthrapston said:
wait 5 seconds before starting after you have the ignition lights on

I had exactly the same problem and this same bit of advice worked (and still works) a treat. When it's particularly cold, I find it also helps to leave the engine running for as long as it takes me to pop back in the house and take a piss or something before driving off.

Back