twitchyness

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedeltahf

i seem to be feeling a bit of movement in either direction when comimng off and on the throttle

dont know if its a bit torque steer or just normal characteristic of the car?

i have had the tracking done last sat as it was out from doing the drive shaft

All suspension is brand new with poly bushed beam, upper and lower front strut brace

Have you checked the wheel bearings? Sometimes they can make it a bit twitchy if they're knackered.

Decent tyres I assume and not some nankang-linglong-zetmax rubbish?

I'll have you know Nankang and Linglong tyres aren't that bad. And i'm not just saying that because those are what i use :roll:

They were bloody lethal on my Mondeo ST! Turn the steering wheel on a damp roundabout and nothing happened!

If I may add my 2 pennies here. I am using Goodyear efficient grip performance in 195/50 R15 and the rear end is lively, yes. Especially if you let the car lean on the suspension and then add some steering angle the rear will step out. The springs are OEM, the shocks are KYB Excell G (again to OEM spec).
With winter tyres on (Michelin Alpine A4, again in 195/50 R15) the car is more stable at the rear end.

Ok i will admit i did end up facing the wrong way in a hedge a few months ago, but i was driving a bit too fast, and in the dry i've never had a problem with the Linglongs, well, nothing i've not recovered from anyway.

Wheel bearings dont seem to have any play but it is possible will have check.

Same set up to wild e suspension wise with 205 50 15 conti (ts790) snow tyres giving lots and lots of grip (have try hard to spin the wheels), did think about tyre sidewall deflection but it feels more torque steery on throtle and a bit of movement or poss tramlining when lifting off though this could also be the back end being lively though is happening with very little or no steering angle, was wondering if any of the track cars have experienced this aswell ie is it just a chasis trate.

Back