two of the same!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettie boo

just thought i would see if u guys could help on me on something that has me puzzled me! I have a x reg black puma 1.7 and the gf has just bought a t reg 1.7 puma everything on the cars is identical and the engines are the same to eye and on specs but mine is alot quicker and has a longer rev range and can achieve a higher top speed in all the gears but as far as i know is no different to hers!! And wondered if mine was different or the last owner has done something?!? Cheers matt

it sounds like the previous owner put an frp map on yours.
the earlier ones are slightly quicker due to a less intrusive torque limiter butif you have the frp map on yours then ur torque limiter will be further reduced and will rev to 7250rpm as opposed to 6750rpm

Could just be that as the T red is a bit of an older engine. Or not maintained as well in the past. Could be in need of a service. Could be that the timing wasn't set right at the last cambelt change.

Or as you said, something done to yours. Is there anything in the history of yours to suggest that?

Cherie said:
Could just be that as the T red is a bit of an older engine. Or not maintained as well in the past. Could be in need of a service. Could be that the timing wasn't set right at the last cambelt change.

Or as you said, something done to yours. Is there anything in the history of yours to suggest that?

Well hers has full service history and hasn't the cambelt done yet as on 45000 on the clock! i know i have a stage 1 organic fast road clutch in mine but didn't think that would change much so guna hunt in the paperwork and see what i can find!

crispy1980 said:
easy! she is a woman driver!!!! :p :p
yea she does drive it like an oap but i drove it too see what she was complaining about "its not as fast as yours" lol :roll:

Back