Un-Numbered FRP inlet Plenum

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been fortunate to get myself an FRP inlet plenum but it is not stamped with a number, is this likely to have been ground out or were there some around that were never stamped with a number. I seem to recall that there were supposed to be 1,000 FRP’s built but it was scrapped at 500 due to lack of buyers.
Any insight would be great as I am trying to build a record of my attempts to build a FRP replica from my standard 1.7 and it would be nice to document accurately why the plenum isn’t numbered.

There were some that never got engraved for precisely the reason you outlined.

As Rob said, I think the numbers only made it up to around 600 (although never seen a 600 but think I remember seeing the 599).

There were a couple of others with different engravings (such as the press (FMC000), prototype (P0000) and marketing ones (marketing I include the one labelled 'SKY' etc)) and then a number just stayed blank.

Also would love to see the progress of a replica build.

any updates on this?

sorry for the necro posting, but have a stock puma intake and am looking for a frp plenum replica :grin:

Lightening Motosport do their version of an FRP plenum (although not a replica) that does a similar job and I think there are a couple of other companies doing something similar too. I doubt that anymore would get away with making an exact replica as I would have thought Ford Motor Company/Tickford might have something to say about it if they did (unless of course under licence)

I know, LMS now has it for £750.00 plus vat and delivery :cry:

I am willing to pay for a replica plenum that does work, not just something that just looks fancy to the eyes but 750+++ pounds for a plastic "rectangle-ish" plenum and stock inlet primaries seems a bit steep. let alone the car is turbocharged and I dont know if their version can take boost

Latest posts

Back