uprated clutch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one I found that didn't slip was the Helix paddle. Very stiff though and no use in a road car. All other options I tried needed to be treated pretty gently. I do run 195/55/15 tyres though so it does have to transmit extra torque. It has led to problems with the CV joints too. As with most things, you fix the problem somewhere and it just moves somewhere else.

No didn't need to skim as the helix is the same diameter as the original item. Tried the Focus along the way and that still slipped even with the flywheel skimmed. I should mention I'd probably run a focus clutch in a road car but rallying is so hard on them.

thanks
new clutch is from CG / ebay so i assume it will be the same spec, looks nice :p

my newish clutch in the car overheated and started to slip twice on the last road rally so thought i better go heavy duty to avoid having to redo the job

paddle clutch is now fitted without skimming the flywheel and works very nice and maintains similar feel to a standard clutch

Back