V Bracket Query...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnbradley

Hey there...

Quick query... I wanted to replace the old 6000 single CD player in my car with the 6006 six disc player... found one on eBay slightly missed described for a low price... arrived today...

Unfortunately the V Bracket is on the top on the old one and on the bottom of the new one...

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

Does not look like you are able to change the 6006 V Bracket to be at the top...

Anyone else had this issue...

Any ideas?

Thanks

So just fitted the new 6006 without utilising the support of the VBracket and seems fine... quite a tight fit... do you think it will be ok... or am I running the risk of damaging either the stereo or the dash...

Thanks

xnbradley said:
[post]358037[/post] So just fitted the new 6006 without utilising the support of the VBracket and seems fine... quite a tight fit... do you think it will be ok... or am I running the risk of damaging either the stereo or the dash...

Thanks
You should be OK, those side clips supports are pretty strong. If you are in any doubt, then put a piece of 1 inch thick polystyrene directly underneath where the radio sits, making a slot for the aerial lead. I've done this, for a different reason, but in your case it will add bottom support to the whole unit.

Yeah, it's a tight fit, but the polystyrene will break up, not the radio. The only thing to be careful of is making sure that the aerial lead doesn't come unplugged. The other leads are more directly behind the unit and will not be a problem.

Although yours is a 6006, I recently encountered the same problem that had the V clip at the bottom on a CD6000, that had been fitted to a Focus, (I am guessing that car has the support rail at the bottom).

Carefully removing with a flat screwdriver,It swapped over to the top fine, for use in the Puma.
I note this clip in your photo has a 10mm headed centre bolt, on the CD6000 I don't recall that it had that bolt. Losen it and see if you can turn the other way up, and will it engage with the rail.
If it then doesn't fit, perhaps there was a slightly different rear support used on the Puma whilst using the 6006?

Have you tried using the bracket off your old 6000 as in the photo's looks slightly longer and it may well fit the 6006?

This has a bad reputation for eating Cd's . Most people swapped for the Cd6000 and if required used a Connects 2 to play there mp3 's from phone etc

Unlike after market stereos , that are lighter, especially the latest that no longer have a CD player in.

I would recommend you use the rear support , as it's heavy and must have been put there for a reason.
Without it, you might suffer from CD skipping, when going over speed humps or travelling over poor road surfaces. The aerial might also work lose with all the additional movement. :thumbs:

Back