Warning light not in manual, ideas ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAN-HN

Got this light after a spark plug change - don't know if it was there before or not. Any ideas?
IMG_0078.jpg

That'll be your engine warning light. Not sure what would cause it after changing the spark plugs though. I'd check everything is all connected up properly, coil pack and leads etc.

To quote my manual:-

Engine Warning Light
Illuminates when engine is switched on. It should extinguish as soon as the engine starts.
If it illuminates with the engine running, it indicates a malfunction. Have this checked by a Ford Dealer as soon as possible.
If it flashes while driving, reduce the vehicle speed immediately. If it continues to flash, avoid heavy acceleration and high engine speeds, and have your vehicle checked by a Ford Dealer immediately.

...So basically tells you nothing other than something's wrong but we want to rip you off and probably not find out what's wrong anyway.

In my opinion, I'd check to make sure you have put the leads back on the right plugs. Hard to get them wrong as they are usually cut to length so would be hard to put on wrong plug but you may have the leads wrong at the coil pack if you took them off.

Martin, could be that but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can actually run the car without it connected. It'll run rich but not sure if it would show up as a malfunction. You could be bang on though. Bloody cars nowadays are not as user friendly as they used to be...lol

i know paul,but seems like the only logical thing it could be and its easily forgotten to reconnect the connector back to maf.

Well there is some kind of sensor which I had to unplug which went directly into the stock air box. Its got a little black plastic looking thread in it ? I have unplugged it from the socket, and taped up the connection - to prevent the connection/socket from getting damaged. But once I noticed that light I plugged it back in for a few minutes; the light didn't go back off.

Should I be worried about this light ?

Just thinking you might need to disconnect battery to re-set light?? Hopefully someone can confirm as I'm not sure.

The light can mean prcatically anything, and since some things can be fatal, I wouldn't be driving around while the light's on...

Back