Water inside

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palix91

Hi guys,
last night it was raining and I noticed a small drops of water falling from central plastic panel(where air is blowing on legs)oncarpet on passenger side. I opened bonnet and I think I found a place where water is leaking in. Metal silver pipe in the middle of the place between wipers going inside cabin. I think its not perfectly sealed. Can you guys please tell me where are those drain pipes so I can clean them? But there is no water only soaked place around above mentioned pipe. Can you please send me a photo of the place under bonnet to show me how it should look like? Thank you and sorry for my eng :oops:

Welcome to the site! I can't answer your question but I hope you get it sorted.

Sounds like it could be your heater drain that may be blocked up. Take a look at page 26 of my build thread, there's some photos that show you the problem and how to deal with it.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]364007[/post] Sounds like it could be your heater drain that may be blocked up. Take a look at page 26 of my build thread, there's some photos that show you the problem and how to deal with it.
Barry
Can you please tell me where I can find that pipe shown at your photos? I'm quite new at doing repairs by myself and kinda lost in finding all those thing inside a car :roll:

If you go directly forward from the gear lever it should be under the heater. You will have to get your head down low to see it though, best to crouch down outside and duck your head below the steering wheel and the pipe should go between the floor and the bottom of the heater box.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]364024[/post] If you go directly forward from the gear lever it should be under the heater. You will have to get your head down low to see it though, best to crouch down outside and duck your head below the steering wheel and the pipe should go between the floor and the bottom of the heater box.
Barry
found it.. thank you :wink: next step is find out how to remove surrounding stuff to get that pipe out :lol:

We had a similar issue last year, every time the Air Con had been on, the passenger mat was wet.
Following great advice on here he managed to sort it out

Hi guys, so I clenaed up the pipe you showed me and water dripping from vent is OK, but I still notice a little water dripping at place shown at the picture. Its passenger side. Any ideas what it could be?

Attachments

• IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 99
Nwvwr mind after cleaning pipe mentioned above everything is OK for last 2 months. Even during heavy rains and with air conditioning on...

Latest posts

Back