what a crap day - Now Friday 13th is a good day!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good luck with the job hunt mate!!

Apply for EVERYTHING you are capable of doing even if its a step back as even if its minimum wage you can always quit if something else comes along.

Ive found that since getting my job ive had loads of job offers which ive turned down due to them only wanting to pay minimum wage despite me getting £7.00 an hour here. (far cry from the £25 per hour equivilent in shore jobs in the navy!!).

Although it seems to me that nobody is taking on at team leader/supervisor/management level and just at dead end level on mainly temp contracts. That may just be a local thing to me or maybe because of my medical history meaning no one wants to take the risk with me.

Plus despite the fact millions are unemployed, its still massively easier to get a job while currently working. For some reason despite the mass redundancys, employers still view unemployed people as a risk/as unreliable etc.

Cheers Caz - email with CV sent.

:thumbs:

Dal,
I was hoping to get a contract for a load of bridges for Network Rail via one of my clients. I've already done 2 of them in the past and they were well chuffed with them and indicated that we would get the lot based on a set charge per linear metre for the whole kit & caboodle. They had approx another 58 to do but with the current climate not sure what the score is as I haven't heard anything for a bit. If I could get the go-ahead on them I could give you work for a few years never mind a few months...lol

Plus you could supervise all the trial erections and save me the travel to Chepstow all the bloody time, although I do like being the bossy engineer now and again...lol

Gonna put my ear to the ground and see what the score is with them...but don't get to excited as I always seem to get these great sounding packages and they then go tits up....lol

EDIT:- Well seems they are still in the pipeline but are on the backburner as thought. Put my interest out there for when I get back from the Nurb'.

Very sorry to hear that. I do hope things improve for you on that score very soon; could you do anything engineering related in a freelance sense? I've got a friend who's in a similar position and that's his next move. Love to you and Cherie + Sophie!

yippeekiay said:
Dal,
I was hoping to get a contract for a load of bridges for Network Rail via one of my clients. I've already done 2 of them in the past and they were well chuffed with them and indicated that we would get the lot based on a set charge per linear metre for the whole kit & caboodle. They had approx another 58 to do but with the current climate not sure what the score is as I haven't heard anything for a bit. If I could get the go-ahead on them I could give you work for a few years never mind a few months...lol

Plus you could supervise all the trial erections and save me the travel to Chepstow all the bloody time, although I do like being the bossy engineer now and again...lol

Gonna put my ear to the ground and see what the score is with them...but don't get to excited as I always seem to get these great sounding packages and they then go tits up....lol

EDIT:- Well seems they are still in the pipeline but are on the backburner as thought. Put my interest out there for when I get back from the Nurb'.

Cheers mate - that sounds great! If you need another CAD'er for anything really, then give me a shout - big or small..

Sarah said:
Very sorry to hear that. I do hope things improve for you on that score very soon; could you do anything engineering related in a freelance sense? I've got a friend who's in a similar position and that's his next move. Love to you and Cherie + Sophie!

Yeah, I've done most things engineering - Electronic, electrical, mechanical, optical, scientific, food etc. so have a broad base. Been applying the last few nights so we'll see what comes of it.

Well as of 4th of July I'll be unemployed.

:(

Had an interview today that seemed to go well for a local engineering company. The owner said he wanted me back for a second interview with some of the technical bods so fingers crossed.

:D

Back