What car have you been obsessing about today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 8000 RPM redline keeps catching my eye. Most other engines would deposit pieces of themselves all over the road if you revved them that high!

Yeah, most but not mine. It beeps at 9k to TELL you to change gear as it keeps going otherwise :thumbs:

ag_09rx8_redline.jpg

yippeekiay said:
Yeah, most but not mine. It beeps at 9k to TELL you to change gear as it keeps going otherwise :thumbs:

ag_09rx8_redline.jpg
These pesky pistons have been holding us back for years!

oilburner said:
That 8000 RPM redline keeps catching my eye. Most other engines would deposit pieces of themselves all over the road if you revved them that high!

You really need to put the word 'car' in that sentence.

Most serious bike engines aren't really coming on song until 8,000 rpm +

I was just thinking that myself. My old ZZR600 that I bought new in 1990 went to 16k iirc. And as you say, it didn't really start it's power band until around 8k, then at 12k it really went for it :lol:

Jesus....23 years ago!!!....that makes me realise I'm soooo old :(

3000rpm down?...down from what?

You may be getting confused with the picture I posted, the 3 red lines below the numbers are the warm up lights, 2 of which distinguish as the car warms up and prevents you revving past those points, when they go your free to hit the limit :lol:

yippeekiay said:
3000rpm down?...down from what?

You may be getting confused with the picture I posted, the 3 red lines below the numbers are the warm up lights, 2 of which distinguish as the car warms up and prevents you revving past those points, when they go your free to hit the limit :lol:

No not confused at all, it meant to come across that 10,000 is not impressive for a rotary but 10,000 for a 1.7 4 cylinder road engine is.

yippeekiay said:
yeah, I was replying to what you said as I thought you must have thought mine was an aeroplane or speedboat engine or something. :lol:

Haha no i know them rotary engines rev from standard, just looked and they peak at 8200 which i thought was quite low and have no idea why you rev yours to near 10k lol

New Type R! 2.0 VTEC turbo delivering 'in excess of 280BHP' Honda are also aiming for the FWD lap record of the Nurburgring
eae770a364db00e71c6246dc5e92ac01.jpg

RyanG said:
yippeekiay said:
yeah, I was replying to what you said as I thought you must have thought mine was an aeroplane or speedboat engine or something. :lol:

Haha no i know them rotary engines rev from standard, just looked and they peak at 8200 which i thought was quite low and have no idea why you rev yours to near 10k lol

8200rpm is the stated rpm for the published figures for power, not the peak/maximum. :eek:k:

I think the actual peak is 9400 so not 10k but not far short either. Will have to keep my eyes on my rev counter next time I beep it.

Back