What CAT?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

If anyone on here is using an aftermarket/sports CAT, what type/sort is it and where did you get it from?
Does anyone know what CAT the FRP uses?

I want to get the turbo on my car sooner than later but need to rework the down pipe which will require an aftermarket/sports CAT.

While doing research I note that vehicles registered on/after 2001 require a type approved CAT.. but I highly doubt any aftermarket CAT is type approved...

I have a genuine ford cat with manifold that needs the flexi replacing, you can have it if you want it. I'm in West Cumbria though.

If anyone on here is using an aftermarket/sports CAT, what type/sort is it and where did you get it from?
Does anyone know what CAT the FRP uses?

I want to get the turbo on my car sooner than later but need to rework the down pipe which will require an aftermarket/sports CAT.

While doing research I note that vehicles registered on/after 2001 require a type approved CAT.. but I highly doubt any aftermarket CAT is type approved...
I bought a USA 'generic' cat to suit 1.8-2.0 litre engines, chose it because of the shape as it has to fit under the floor with my 4-2-1 manifold. I think it was about £90 by the time it was shipped here.

I have a Milltek stainless steel exhaust bought about 10 years ago with cat included. It is not the racing one that you could get with a racing cat but that was also avaliable at the time.
It has proved me right that
this exhaust has lasted longer than the floor pan! And at the time didn't cost much more than the previous Quik Fit pattern part one (previous owner did it) which wasn't stainless and died!
It also has a nice oval tailpipe that is double lined and looks original-ish which was what I was looking for as well as longevity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back