When to get a quote

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lib319

Is there a best time of the month or time of day to buy car insurance?

The further apart the date that you buy the insurance, and date that the policy starts, the better.

Why? Cos disorganised people (who sort their insurance at the last minute) crash more. The stats prove it.

I can agree witht he above- my pu cost £500- i shopped around be fore getting the car and it was £750- a 50% increase, its well worth doing.

And its about 3 months out normally although iot differs from insurance companies- it can be as little as 30 days

Makes sense I guess, I should have got a quote earlier, all my quotes were for 90 days and I got mine about 30 days before renewal.

Got £204 as my lowest fully comp, 600 excess, locked garage, 3 points speeding, 38 year old librarian. I wouldn't claim if I wrote off my Puma it wouldn't be worth it for the years of over the top premiums so I volunteered a high excess making it effectively 3rd party fire and theft but with windscreen and able to drive other cars. i found no difference between choosing 3rdPF&T and fully comp, sometimes it was even more expensive. Got it from Swiftcover through Gocompare.

Adrian Flux are def worth a try if your looking for true fully comp, they gave me a really good quote and a low excess but I was only interested in the absolutely cheapest fully comp.

My best ever was £40 per year 3rdPF&T. But that was for a Rover 45.

I waited till after my birthday to insure my first car, so ever january 2 days after my birthday i get my new quote.

Only reason i done this was because after doing quotes online, i put my age in (think i was 20 at the time) And though 'hmm i wonder what would happen if i put my age as 21 and just wait till im 21 to insure it'. The quote came out a lot cheaper by being 21 so thats my logic :lol:

Latest posts

Back