Will they fit?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiggy

Hi, I have just got a set of thunder leather seats & doorcards.

Would these fit straight in my wife's x plate puma?

Thanks

Easy enough, Seats are bolted in the chassis with 5 botls per seat. Front doorcards are held on with 3 screws (you can find them behind the doorcard caps) after that you need to remove the inside mirror cover, remove the window buttons after that it's a simple job of pop it out with either a long screwdriver or another tool that fits between the door and doorcard.

Back ones are different and I believe there is a guide for those. There also might be a guide for the rest who knows. Look into the 'How to guides' section.

Check the tensioners as well, you may need to fit your X plate tensioners to the Thunder seats in order to extinguish the airbag light.

Frank said:
CherryVimto said:
How do you get the old rear door cards free of the seatbelts to put the new ones on?

I followed that guide when I did my rear arches, so it was just the same cards left attached and then going back in place.

From here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=24&t=4110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then remove the T50 Torx mounting the rear seatbelt to the car:
10052009064.jpg

As IanG said you'll want to use the tensioners from your car because you never know what Ford changed and when so something that you may think is the same actually isn't and you end up with an annoying problem.

Just checked the dates.

Thunder ones will start YS61.

September 99 is the change from an XS61 so you'd expect the X reg car to have the YS61 being registered a year or more later.

In which case you may not need to change. Plugs are different so inspect those first. Part number needs them unbolted from the seat unless you've got the eyes of a snail.

Back