Wipers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamlagoe

I put some cheap wiper blades on the puma about 3 months ago and when it rains they drag across the screen and make a noise, so I was thinking it could be wiper blades so I just put those flat whats on to see how it it but could be anything else??

I have the same problem with mine.

I can run my hand over the windscreen and feel a lot of imperfections so I'm thinking the windscreen needs a proper good clean.
I have been told it's good to clean it with a clay bar, but not tried it yet.

Maybe not relevant, but I used to use nothing but Bosch.

Then for the pick-up I bought a set of Wilkinson's own-brand and they are bloody marvellous! Now on the Jagdeo too.

No wiper is going to work correctly if the wiper blade/arm is u/s and the blade should also be set up correctly in relation to the screen:

1. Switch on the ignition.
2. Switch on the wipers.
3. Stop the wipers (by switching off the ignition), just before they get to the end of their vertical position.
4. Pull the arm away from the screen and then very gently , lower it back on.
The "rubber" blade should now have it's edge touching the screen and be at 90 degrees to it. This can be seen clearly from inside the car.
5. If the "rubber" blade is tilting either way from the 90 degrees, the flat metal part of the wiper arm needs to be twisted gently to bring it back to vertical. Keep repeating 4., until 5. is achieved.
Do not try and twist the arm by using the wiper blade. If using pliers or "grips", ensure the paint on the flat part of the arm is not damaged, by using something like cardboard (cloth won't work) between the jaws and the arm.

If you cannot achieve 5., either the insert/blade is u/s, or the arm itself is putting too much pressure on the blade.

Latest posts

Back