Word of warning

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewjeffs

Just a little word of caution regarding cars of a certain age.
Had my puma MOT`d on Thursday..sailed through with no advisories.
Saturday morning,got a call from the missus,telling me her brakes have failed,and the pedals on the floor!

Turns out,a rear solid brake line has pin holed,and has squirted brake fluid everywere.
Just lucky she wasn't traveling quicky when the brakes failed..plain luck,nothing else.

Now you could point fingers at the mot station,but the pinhole was on the inside of the line,tight to the chassis ,so very tricky to spot on a muddy car.

So maybe,a wake up call to have a quick jet wash under the car,and check brake lines,as these pumas are not exactly new anymore..

That's why I like to spray some ACF50 once a year on all suspension ,springs and brake and feel lines at least once a year .Always done it on cars that are used all year round and parked outside.I have a 1996 ford Ka owned from new that's used daily and parked outside and it's never had an advisory on any spring ,suspension or pipework corrosion although it does piss the examiner off how sticky everything is under there. :grin: When did you last see a1996 Ford Ka???

Hi,my wifes peugeot 206 passed its mot 5 days ago then yesterday the back exhaust fell off, the clamp had given way and there was a hole in the connecting pipe to the centre section,none of this was put on the mot advisory notice my wife was not happy and contacted the garage they fitted a new back box with no charge for the labour,you never know when a car is going to fail even after its just passed the mot!

Latest posts

Back