£12,994...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's got to the point where there are more buyers than cars avaliable then they could probably achieve that price but I'm not so sure there are at this point in time

Looks well obvious bits to the fanatic, wheel centres are the puma build ones, and weren't the tyres p6000 not 7000s?

P7000s and this car does look good to me from the description.

Regarding the cambelt change, as long as it's recent like he's said i.e. not over 5 years old then it's not due regardless of whether it was late.

Flying Scotsman said:
How many people go on and on about the FRPs only going to increase in price and when someone actually goes bold, you mock them!

I say good on them for taking a risk and just possibly, a trend changer.
You might want to find out what they've done to this one too...

Good point, FRP owners should be pleased to see them advertised at this price, even if they don't sell.
It is a bit sh*t for anybody planning to buy an FRP in the future though when they see prices like this.
Realistically, as it stands now, between 4 and 5K should get you a good usable example which may require some potentially expensive maintenance.
Obvious statement, but these cars (don't forget they're Fords) are now nearly 15 years old and although they may look mint on the outside, they are still essentially a basic Puma chassis and we all know how they can suffer from the crumbly brown stuff.
If I was paying 12 grand plus for a 15 year old Ford it would have to be really special.

great I have four that makes mine worth a lot of money....mind you just spent more than that on new engines in both.

and Chris' engines are spot on....manifold crap but he is fixing that..bit of a learning curve for him and me

but heres hoping they do go up to that sort of value...they are incredibly rare for sure...

If they go up, it'll make converting a standard with a pumabuild body kit more appealing than buying an original frp. It could potentially be beneficial for everyone.

Don't let prospective owners talk down prices, certainly existing owners shouldn't be encouraging them :roll:

Of course they're only worth what someone will pay but the FRP has so much going for it, great looks, fabulous handling, a zingy willing motor and hand finished in very limited numbers. It will be properly collectable (if it isn't already) and values will climb very soon. Perhaps next years 15th anniversary will be the trigger?

Fast and fast(ish) Fords have a huge following and some MUCH duller stuff (XR3i anyone) is already making more money than the FRP. People usually start to collective the motoring icons from their youth in their late 30's so perhaps the FRP still has a few years to go before anything with an MOT is worth 5 figures :cool:

Both Performance Ford and Fast Ford have the FRP top price at between 12 and 13 grand. The one in that ad isn't worth it 'cause of the mileage. Knock 20k off the mileage then it'd be worth it.

Flying Scotsman said:
[post]319108[/post] How many people go on and on about the FRPs only going to increase in price and when someone actually goes bold, you mock them!

Well said :) I totally agree with you :)

vaspetrol said:
[post]353096[/post]Well said :) I totally agree with you :)
You are quoting someone who immediately vanished off the thread when called out -

Neil said:
[post]319338[/post]
Flying Scotsman said:
Neil said:
And as for what they've done to this one. - precisely cock all.

Incorrect

So what has been done then?

i.e. not really the best expert witness you could call on this subject?

What they sell for is probably more useful to know than what people ask for them, well, I would think so -

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&M=346&ShowSoldCars=True

Nice example going for £7,400, which is not bad news for FRP owners - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/puma/ford-racing-puma-16v-----sold----------------2000/5766299?v=c

Frank said:
[post]353110[/post]
vaspetrol said:
[post]353096[/post]Well said :) I totally agree with you :)
You are quoting someone who immediately vanished off the thread when called out -

It doesn't really matter if they vanished, the point they made was correct

vaspetrol said:
[post]353114[/post]
It doesn't really matter if they vanished, the point they made was correct
Maybe you are more used to a forum where because someone says something is correct then it becomes so. However, around here it doesn't work like that, least-ways now it sure don't. :wink:

So, evidence?

vaspetrol said:
[post]353096[/post]
Flying Scotsman said:
[post]319108[/post] How many people go on and on about the FRPs only going to increase in price and when someone actually goes bold, you mock them!

Well said :) I totally agree with you :)

Holy thread resurection! 2 years? Probably not a record though.

It's only natural for owners to try to try and "big up" the values of their cars - happens everywhere. (Just look at what RS Direct did for mk2 Focus RS values)

Anything for sale is only worth what someone will pay at the end of the day. If it's too expensive it'll get reduced eventually when market forces dictate it's not "worth" a high asking price.

Latest posts

Back