1.4 vs 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

So i'm looking to get another puma as a run around and i thought the 1.4 would be a nice choice but the insurance is more than the 1.7... has anyone else found this?

I'm not suprised I found a 1.6 was more expensive on a quote years ago, in fact I found that the insurance for a 1.2 clio was about the same as a 1.7 Puma. I actually gave up on expecting logic when they wanted to charge more for a garaged car than one out in the open,in case people drove into the garage wall :crazy:

try riniging around different companies.
my 1.4 was 560 quid a year fire and theft. I'm 20 years old with 2 years ncb.
1.7 is just over a grand with mods declared (big brakes, exhaust).
Just wish the tax on the 1.7 werent so bloody wallet ruining!

i currently have a 1.7 it's off the road until i'm 21 as the insurance drops to 450 rather than my renewal of 1100 with 3 years ncb but they want 800 for a 1.4 when i'm 21 :s

Probably more young blokes buy and crash 1.4 Pumas than they buy and crash 1.7 Pumas. This is likely due to 1.7 insurance being so expensive.

Neil will be along shortly complaining about people moaning about car insurance :-D

more moans here:

a fiesta diesel is still more expensive than a 1.7 puma :'( :'( :'(

i'd happily get another 1.7 puma for a run around but the tax would be alot to run both

I agree the road tax kills the 1700 Puma. In some cases it the same as what the car is worth these days...........

alexwilliams840 said:
i currently have a 1.7 it's off the road until i'm 21 as the insurance drops to 450 rather than my renewal of 1100 with 3 years ncb but they want 800 for a 1.4 when i'm 21 :s

19 with 1 years ncd. £750 fully comp with break down cover for my 1.4 with bell and that's me as the policy holder (boils my blood when people do the old parents trick) however wouldn't use them now as they require a black box for new customers but elephant was the same price for me and no box required

Could try them.

PaulZ

i am currently with admiral/elephant same company really. they want 1100 for me to renew and thats on a multi car policy. maybe i just live in a bad area haha

insurance for the 1.4 (i am selling) was about £250 lower than the 1.7 i have now ... im 24 only 1 yrs NCB and im with elephant... if they are quoting you more for a 1.4 than a 1.7 then surely something is wrong you should ring them up and sort it out...

Play with the mileage as well, it was cheaper to insure my frp for 6000miles than 2000

Do your I.A.M and save yourself a fortune in insurance. I reckon I have saved about 3 grand in last 10years insurance. Pay about £200 tops for my FRP for last 6 or 7 yrs now

Cheers

Ally

Back