200bhp how hard is it???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got this months Max Power, with the Mk6 Fiesta in it. As for induction kit, I just ordered one for mine. You'll gain very little except sound, though apparently throttle response is improved. Keep it as cool as possible and it'll be fine. Yet to fit mine as my coil pack has just gone I think.

another option is a stage 6 from pumabuild.

http://www.pumabuild.co.uk/mods_puma.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doesnt say how much tho

That would be serious open wallet surgery although interesting concept to bore the 1.7 and insert steel liners .. wonder how many people have done that.. wonder if it can be done after a nikasil break down??

i think get an frp, your nearly there then plus everything else would need to be changed on a std puma

would a 2.3 fit

http://www.pumabuild.co.uk/cons_fiesta.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Technically it should... but it's quite a lot of money and work.. the car would have to be a long term investment cos I doubt you'd sell it on for the amount you put into it afterward!

If your doing that, buy another car!

red said:
That would be serious open wallet surgery although interesting concept to bore the 1.7 and insert steel liners

If you bore out a 1.7 the bores will be outside the engine block. The walls are already so thin that's the very reason they had to plate them with Nickasil :-(

So is the option on the PB website for the 1.6 as it says about making it closer to 1.7 but i figured the 1.7 displacement is slightly lower than '1700' etc

As dal says, you might as well get something else. For speed, an impretza is about the cheapest way to go very fast.

the 2.3 'will' fit....but you will destroy the gearbox....
the stonger mtx gearbox will not fit in the puma mated to a 4 pot engine.... without chassis surgery & to do that properly you may as well design your own space framed kit car cos itd be easier!

options; use a v6 which is shorter but fatter & ditch some major components for it to fit (like brake servo!), use a cts ib5 gearbox (£3000ish).......

hold on....isnt the 2.3 a 5 pot? balls; no! it wont fit!!!! (sideways; itl fit lengthways tho.......!)

You might as well by a second hand boxter or something if you want RWD, would cost you about the same in real terms.

DradusContact said:
You might as well by a second hand boxter or something if you want RWD, would cost you about the same in real terms.

Poor mans ferrari. Me personally if i had 30 40grand to by a car i would not by a massed produced car the rest of the world has. It would be worth all the expense, time, blood sweat and tears to have a car that was totaly unique. I wouldnt think well its going to cost to much to do when i could have a car the same there and then. Plus if i could have my own little supercar in the shape and style of the puma I would be very very happy knowing it cost less and was totaly one of a kind. :)

Thats my opinion

I havent heard of any one putting a v6 into a puma/fiesta your looking at big bucks there, also as stated above the weight distrbution will be all to cock it will handle like shit, but its up to you m8.

There are alot of better options from my point of view/experience of the moddin scene :- silver top 2ltr zetec (bit old now), black top 2ltr zetec (better but heavy due to its cast iron block) also with the 2ltr zetec you can go for the st170 engine or even rs engine if your looking for a turbo, 2ltr or even better 2.3ltr duretec (much better choice ali block, head etc lightness is the key to these cars)
with the zetec's you can either use a fiesta diesel gear box (with 1.7 internals) or its orig gear box which will fit. but with the duretec you have to use the orig gear box as nothing in the ford range will fit.

with the above options you will have little problems fitting or sourcing the parts to do so and will piss all over 250bhp with good torque with just cams anf throttle bodies.

but

i have a 1.6 zs which is tuned to 160, i am refurbing a 1.7 to transfer the bits over to (practically the same block) with a few extra bits im going to be just under the 200bhp mark, no turbo no superchargers just good old na.

As they say, the choice is up to you m8

Back