200bhp how hard is it???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's normal when your a new puma owner. Even happens to me now sometimes - need a drive and a few twisties to soothe the soul.

Don't get one. The only thing you'll get is noise, not power.

Get a K&N panel filter or similar panel filter fitted in the original air box if you want to try and help it breathe.

purely for noise is it still worth it or not, or will i just get the same from changing the filter to something desent

I haven't got a cone / induction filter or mine, but I've head it can make it louder. It can also be effected by heat soak unless you put a shield on it causing less power as well.

i just like the deep sound they make, which makes accelerating more fun so aslong as i put a shield round it, it should be ok

benking said:
(she does drive a 1.1 106 tho)

Ah but they handle pretty sweet too, lightweight and on their skinny tyres :cool:

Like the Puma it's about fun, not outright speed and power.

I cannot drive them small french cars,you either clutch and brake at same time or accelerate and brake. poor build quality the bonnet release is on wrong side........................................... could go on all night!!!!!

Im on my 2nd ford now and will never change (unless i win the lottery)

she keeps asking to drive my puma, yeah right!!!!!!
ill get a picture of her car then show you why

I have an ITG performance filter. From what i've read they are rated higher than piper/K&N etc. Bit pricey though at £62.28 Incl. VAT .. get what you pay for though i guess.

im putting a v6 in for the fun of it bok, you like your aesthetics i like my mechanics, but i welcome ideas.

the v6 will be heavier granted but iv got a few (expensive) plans under my sleeve to sort out 50/50 weight distribution.

the rear suspension etc has already been designed by mr ford & its pretty much a bolt on swap so theres very lttle issue there.

im planning to get down to 1000kg which, so far im about 100kg off doing conservative sums. thats lighter than a standard puma. theres one thing that may c*ck that up but im still hoping to get down to the same weight as a std puma

so i should be looking at 200 brake per tonne, a gorgeous soundtrack, 4x4 fun and.... if i can fit a 2.5 block v6 i can fit a 3 litre v6 should i wish, with bolt on turbo kits readily available from the states..... but im not out to build a racer just something that will be a challenge to build & fun to drive

might get one this weekend, so they are rated over the kn one, difference should be minute tho, shudnt they?????

jacko said:
im putting a v6 in for the fun of it bok, you like your aesthetics i like my mechanics, but i welcome ideas.

the v6 will be heavier granted but iv got a few (expensive) plans under my sleeve to sort out 50/50 weight distribution.

the rear suspension etc has already been designed by mr ford & its pretty much a bolt on swap so theres very lttle issue there.

im planning to get down to 1000kg which, so far im about 100kg off doing conservative sums. thats lighter than a standard puma. theres one thing that may c*ck that up but im still hoping to get down to the same weight as a std puma

so i should be looking at 200 brake per tonne, a gorgeous soundtrack, 4x4 fun and.... if i can fit a 2.5 block v6 i can fit a 3 litre v6 should i wish, with bolt on turbo kits readily available from the states..... but im not out to build a racer just something that will be a challenge to build & fun to drive

And jacko has agreed i can have his old FRP bits :-D

lol! i am considering buying a sportka to put it all into....thatd be fun!

Yeah, when i used to have my Ka, one of the popular mods was putting a 1.7 into it. They used to call them s'cooby slayers' as the accel on them was unreal. Im desperate to see puma-ka's but so far i havent seen it in the flesh. Dont think youd need a sport ka though, a normal one would do.

jacko said:

so i should be looking at 200 brake per tonne

Actually I like my aesthetics AND my mechanics, I just don't do it as a living or have letters after my name unfortunately. What I do is listen, watch and learn very carefully to what those that not only know, but have also proven their knowledge and store it all up in this little head of mine. :lol: I don't claim to know everything and I'll never stop listening to the wise.

An early Impreza is made out of tinfoil and has a lightweight 2.0 boxer motor and weighs 1250kg approx. I'd be very interested to see how you're actually going to get the weight of your project down to 1000kg and still have it structually stable unless you make all the suspension and propshaft out of carbon fibre (unless that is your plan!). And if you plan on towing, you really don't want too light a light car or you'll end up like this :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7K1bBhjkY[/youtube]

LOL!!!!!!!

i have some major tricks up my sleeves! an lpg tank aint gonna help tho; unless i find a composite one on ebay for a tenner!!!!!!

A LOT of things are going to end up of the alu / ti / carbon variety!

any1 read this months max power.
there is a fiesta with a puma 1.7 conversion claiming to have 208bhp

Engine: 1668cc, four-cylinder 16v
45mm jenvey throttle bodies
omex 600 ecu
piper fast road cams
noble fuel injector rail
wizards of NOS 50bhp nitrous system
Miltek stainless steel manifold and full exhaust system

to me not a lot of work but a few ££££££££££££££££

benking said:
any1 read this months max power.