300mm conversion issues!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron86

I have just bought some cheap Mondeo (et40 cosworth style) 16'' alloys and doing a 300mm conversion but these will not fit over the callipers. Callipers are mk3 Mondeo and ST170 discs, any ideas what I'm doing wrong before I attack them with the grinder.

The discs and callipers are fitted ok?

How do the wheels not fit? They don't fit close enough to the hub?
You may need a small spacer to bring the wheel out slightly due to the shape of the wheels?
I would rather a spacer than a grinder....

Only a guess though without actually seeing it for myself.

Edit: looks like Kizza can type quicker than me....

Deffo 16s. The callipers and discs went on fine, using a 3mm spacer just to bring them out a little bit and are still not fitting. The bottom of the carrier catch's and gauges the inside of the rim, and then there is the wheel weights as well :?

I AM A SPANNER!
15'' wheels, arrived at work in boxes and never checked them, advertised as 16" so will be going straight back. Friday night, few beers, followed by frustration, and now feel like a right idiot lol :oops:

Guys silly question but if I do the 300mm focus st disk and mondeo front calipers do I need to also buy the mondeo carriers or use the original puma carriers???

Thanks

Gary

Back