6000 cd unit question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enjay76

So my CD player has died a death and I'm looking to replace, however I'm looking on Ebay and the have a lot of the newer versions with the aux function and that.

Are these compatible? Is it a direct fit or I'm I best sticking with the like for like unit?

Thanks for that. Want to be able to play music from my phone so will probably go with an non Ford unit instead.

If you want to keep the interior looking original, there is a kit that will allow you to play music from your phone to the 6000 cd, but a fascia and a unit of your choice is easier and will probably sound better.

I am thinking of removing the 6000 cd from the car and putting it somewhere safe just in case I ever want to go back to an all original interior.

Depends what you mean by newer, the later Puma-shaped 6000CD have aux functionality although if your car is a 1.6 you'll already have it.

Look for the green socket on the back and work out what aftermarket connector you want based on what type of aux equipment you want.

100_1019.jpg

Brilliant thanks, will probably go down that toute route and keep it as original as I can. Cheers.

Back