A walk On the Wild-side?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there Pumadaddy ( or is that P Diddy, to follow the trend!? )

Thanks to all for the 'hellos'.

I'm spending the weekend changing oil, filter, plugs and front brake pads ( to Mintex Extreme ), and if time allows I'll change the headlight bulbs too.
Lets hope for dry weather!

Cheers all

I've had all the best colours...Silver, Imperial Blue and Yellow
937.gif
854.gif
:cool:

I can thoroughly recommend Mintex Xtreme pads :eek:k:

What a disasterous day! :(

the ramps have damaged the front spoiler, so I gave up draining the oil and moved onto the brakes. The Mintex pads will not fit the callipers, so they have to go back!
If anyone knows exactly what pads are the correct ones I would appreciate the info!? I was told the MDB 1883X were the corre t ones!

After that, I couldn't be bothered looking at the lights!

It depends on what year your car is to what pads it requires as the original Puma had 238mm whereas the later ones had 258mm. If you are 97/98/99 or early 00 it is likely your require 238mm

See PumaSpeed links here for 238mm (Part No: MDB1883X):

http://pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or here for 258mm (Part No:MDB2314X ):

http://pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the 1.6 used the same brakes as the later 1.7.

Hope this helps :)

Sorry to hear you had a bad day with everything else.. I use axle stands now days after a bad experience with ramps <_<

Hi Red

Thats very helpful advice - many thanks!

It is annoying, to have sourced what I thought would be the correct parts ( as the 1.4 is supposed to be a simple one-option matter! ), only to find I have the brake size of the 1.6 and there are now two options!!

If I can't exchange the pads they will be offered here before I resort to eBay!

Thanks again.

In my post.. i missed the fact you were buying them for a 1.4 :roll:

Hope you get everything sorted out :)

Hey mate, sounds like the fun you planned to have turned into a bit of a nightmare :(

Good luck getting it sorted!

How goes it Chinster?

Tell me about it! :)
I spent this evening changing the oil and filter the hard way ( on my back, nose against the sump! ), and checking exactly which pads are the correct ones for 'my' 1.4

Looks like Red is right - they are 258mm MDB 2314X ! Might be worth other 1.4 owners checking before buying replacements (unlike me ).

Thankfully, the dealer ( which is very close to your work ) is happy to change them, so I'll have it sorted tomorrow.

Hope the Milly is keeping the smile on your face :)

Excellent! Can't be arsed changing my own oil ;)

Milly is going great, it's a little yellow rocket!

Final update regarding the brakes.

the Mintex Xtreme pads seem to have bedded in quite nicely and there is a noticeable difference - a really reassuring,progressive bite. The old pads were by no means spent so I am not comparing them to knackered end-of-life pads.

the Philips Premium bulbs are the next thing on the list !

Cheers all

Glad to see it's sorted. Good to have confidence in your brakes

:thumbs:

I think I might try some of these when I have some cash after my CG escapade

Only about £35 a set - not too bad and quite a bit better than std ones IMO.

I've already "sponsored" this site - what more do you want?!?!

Latest posts

Back