ABS sensor replaced but light still showing :S

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reecey

Hello,
A few weeks ago my ABS and T/C light come up on my dash. I sent it in to a garage and the diagnostic test come back with the results 'RF wheel speed sensor faulty'. After making a post on here after getting my fault codes back, people told me thats its a sensor as they are common to go on the pumas. I changed the sensor but the lights still on. Does anyone know why the light would still be on?? Quite frustrating this is considering im driving 700 miles next weekend!!

What would be the next step for me to do???

Have you driven the car since you replaced it? when I had to disconnect my rear abs loom, the light did not go out till it did its abs self test at 12mph.

I have driven it, but only round the block a few times though. Wether the ABS did its self-test or not, im not sure??

you should hear a sort of scrunch crunch when it does its test which it should do straight away.

I suppose it could be a wiring problem or the sensors not fitted properly or even the hubs been changed at some point for one that hasnt got the abs ring on it.

Also are you sure theres been no misunderstanding about which one was faulty and youve changed the wrong one?

a stab in the dark but ya never know

yeah ive heard the scrunching abs noise before i fitted the new sensor and the light use to go out for a few seconds then come back on again when the scrunching stopped.

I havent heard it since i fitted the new sensor but like i said i only drove it round the block a few times so maybe i need to drive it a bit more..??

and no i 100% know that i fitted the right sensor on the right side and i bought the sensor brand new. I put the car on the diagnostic machine and it said RF wheel speed sensor faulty and that was the 1 thats got changed.

Do you reckon i just need to drive the car a bit more until i hear the scrunching noise? or car needs looking into a bit more?

No I think it should have done it the first time you drove at 12mph. So it was the drivers side you changed then?

Possibly the new sensors faulty,was it from Fords? theres a way to check by testing the resistance of the sensor but I dont know how to do it

Back