Accelerator pedal..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardmonkeys

Hi all,

Sometimes on the Puma, the accelerator pedal can have a little resistance, and need a slight blip to get it to move...it doesn't happen all the time, just on random occasions, it feels like it's rubbing against something...I've learnt to control it..but the missus has only just passed her test and is a little nervous about it....she doesn't want to be revving the arse off it lol

I've tried following the cable back and WD40ing the springy thing cable attaches too.
But it hasn't worked

Any ideas?
Warren

Clean the inside of the throttle body ( post on here somewhere) will cure the problem, and make your better half happy as well :grin:

yeah, should be fine if you can get to all the crud and don't drop any of the wool into the throttle body. Probably better than the small screwdriver I used actually but at least that couldn't fall in ;)

You could take the throttle body off altogether and go to town on it :eek:k:

Have a look at how dirty it is then you can decide.

I'll post a pic, then you lot can decide lol..it does look caked up..and there is a sight lip where the butterfly sits..should it go any better when done...coz it's not exactly sluggish now

hardmonkeys said:
I'll post a pic, then you lot can decide lol..it does look caked up..and there is a sight lip where the butterfly sits..should it go any better when done...coz it's exactly sluggish now

It worked!! It feels a lot better. No sticky throttle...and it's a bit more responsive!

Thanks so much for your help and advice...I really do love the community feel it has here...it's the digital version of asking your mates to pop round and lend a hand!

Thanks again..

Warren

Back