Accident

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope its not like this saturday, it wll severly hinder progress lol

05022009231.jpg

At least it's soft to lay on..lol

Wlll you guys (cherie and dal) be ok getting to mine still, dont want you guys rising nothing its really bad in northampton

Well if the roads are ok then we'll be there. They've forecast rain for tomorrow so it might all be gone come saturday morning.

Fingers crossed :D

Big thank you to dal and cherie today, i really appreciate you guys travelling all the way down.

Thanks aswell red for the parts with out them id be in an even worse position than what i am now

Have spent the afternoon trying to get the wishbone off, ended up angle grinding it off lol

Tommorow steering rack, hopefully it will go ok as then its just a case of putting it all back together which in theory is the easy bit

Not a problem mate - we're here to help!

Glad to see you have all the bits you need now (even if your other half moans that they're in your lounge!)

Good luck for tomorrow fitting it all in.

:eek:k:

I think she wants the car fixed quicker than me, so we can loose the mini scrap yard in the corner lol :derr:

Ive decided it wont be done this weekend so its a case of minimising the amount of work next weekend. Where we have grinded the bolt for the wishbone off has now made it that i cant drive it monday anyway as i now need one of them from the scrappy.

But everyday im a step closer to being back on the road :D

shit! only just seen this thread. sorry mate.

bit bad news but i reckon u dont need a steering rack, only the track rod ends (they unscrew from the main aluminium steering rack under the rubber gaitor) try not to change it; you have to drop the whole subframe; major arse!

i will pm u my no; iv had most of the front end apart so give me a ring or send piccies & i will help where i can

drive shaft should be fine with new grease and a circlip (thats all that holds the cv joint on)

also reckon the wheel would have saved the hub etc by taking most of the force. dunno about the strut. its all good guesses tho as only uv seen the car & know what its like & what you feel sfe keeping.

good luck, youl get there fine

:) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D

08022009235.jpg

08022009236.jpg

One puma, saved from the scrap gods HAHA

Marvellous! :thumbs: I bet your other half is glad to get all the car bits out of the house! :D

Haha, im not sure who is more pleased lol

It was really touch and go today, as to whether it was going to get done, but thank you Jacko for your help today.

It drives fine bar the tracking, only problem is its snowing and im scared to tae her out now lol :shock:

benking said:
08022009236.jpg

One puma, saved from the scrap gods HAHA

Why? Was there something up with it?

Seriously though - looks as though nothing has been up with it! Was it a "3 can" job? :p I hope it was fairly straight forward once you had all the bits though.

More room in your lounge now (or is that where all the old bits are !?!?! lol)

Honestly in the flesh you cannot tell, besides the scratches on the front bumper and rear passenger quater but nothing a good wash wont sort out

The rest of the bits have made there way into the garden now (out of site out of mind lol) Ive just got to get the grease and oil of the carpet and curtains now lol

With all the bits it was easy, thanks again Dal, Red and Cherie, and jacko for your input. The hardest part was the steering but with jackos help we didnt have to take the whole rack off, which saved loads of time and efffort :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back