Accident

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell mate sorry to hear this. Its of little consolation now but i think everything happens for a reason, so who knows what will happen next.

Holy Shit Ben you alreet?!
I know that feeling after having an accident and losing all confidence in the car..hence why I have a dead one still in the garage.

As long as you are ok thats the main thing..puma can be replaced/repaired, but you cannot....Hope you manage to sort it very soon

I dont have much left of the old scrapper but just PM me if you need anything and will see if I have it..

>>hugs<<

Zara

That's rubbish mate, the pictures look nasty :(

Sod's law this has to happen just as it's running nicely too.

This is where im at so far, 1 sorry looking puma

03022009216.jpg

More from last night

02022009215.jpg

02022009214.jpg

Not the driveshaft its self, just poped off on the rubber bit, but im going to replace any thing thatr is slightly damaged regardless.

Had my mate out with me last night looking at it, he was like "that can be hit back into shape, so can that" well id say that too if it was his car.

If im ever going to drive this car again i need to know its safe so any thing slighly bad is coming off.

So far its wheel, steering rack whole suspension and hub, driveshaft, wing and possibly anti roll bar.

Rang a local scrapyard and they have quoted me £300 for the lot!!!!!!

Mini-mole on here has a steering rack still i believe and Zara probably does too. I might have a spare hub and shock available.. if you have propellers alloys then i have a spare one of those too.

Im not sure if £300 is good or not.. i imagine not seeing as though that other blue puma on ebay is being sold whole for £600

Any help is greatfully apreciated, im on my knees right now. Very low, as my life (as everyones) is kind of centered around my car

Does this help?

Just one of the many links of ebay....

Hope it might offer a start :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-FORD-PUMA-1-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 240%3A1318

Kat x

Ben, sorry to hear about and see your Puma like that :(

That was quite an incident :shock:

Especially when you'd spent money on it and it was running sweet for you.

Hope you can get it sorted, and for not too much money.

Ive got the wheel off finally, had to get some russian geezer with a kit to get it off (for a can of fosters lol) and undone the top of the suspension (from inside engine bay) Brakes and driveshaft are out.

Im struggling to get the nut off that attaches the track rod ends to the hub, its just spinning

03022009218.jpg

Allso this one on the shock, is just spinning
03022009220.jpg

Any ideas???

Hold the bottom part of that arm up (bit the nut is attached to) and it should grip easier.. if the track rod arm is bent then just saw it off lol.

e3silversurfer said:
looking from the picture, you have got the foam out from behind the screen wash as well :) i find that foam pretty useless :p (off topic)

I do now lol, never planned to as i never intended to ever take the wing off, and its going to be hard to put it back on as my dog has chewed it to bits!!!!!!!!!!

Shit, sorry to hear about this, I'd just use an angle grinder on the nuts, very satisfying when you cut them off when theyve pissed you off.

red said:
Hold the bottom part of that arm up (bit the nut is attached to) and it should grip easier.. if the track rod arm is bent then just saw it off lol.

Took half hour but i did in the end saw it off, just finished.

Today i have removed the wheel, Hub, shock, brakes, wing, driveshaft and suspension.

Tommorow. Steering rack and wishbone

Latest posts

Back