Acetone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lusid666

When I first got my puma about 3 years ago I experimented with how many miles I could get from £20, it worked out to be around 80 miles.
About a month ago I read about adding 100% pure acetone to the fuel when filling up can improve the fuel economy so I did some research into this and ordered a bottle off ebay.
Now remembering that fuel 3 years ago was a bit cheaper than it is now so today you get less fuel for £20, I have been checking to see how many mile I can get from £20 worth.
I am now averaging about 100 miles per £20, the tickover is lower than it was, the engine is quieter and there is a bit more poke when you squeeze the right pedal so result :)

Anyone else tried this?

Yup...a few years ago I tried it in the Puma and as far as I could see it did bugger all. Still got the bottle in the cupboard and have no idea what to do with it now :lol:

Got mine from a hairdressers and she was quite puzzled when she asked what I wanted it for and I said....the car!! :lol:

yippeekiay said:
Yup...a few years ago I tried it in the Puma and as far as I could see it did bugger all. Still got the bottle in the cupboard and have no idea what to do with it now :lol:

Got mine from a hairdressers and she was quite puzzled when she asked what I wanted it for and I said....the car!! :lol:

Give the acetone to a woman, she can use it as nail varnish remover :)

it has to be 100% pure acetone and you only need 2ml per liter of fuel so £20 is about 15 liters so you add 30ml. took about a week of doing this before i started seeing results but it defo works.

Latest posts

Back