Adding a cruise controll / audio on wheel switch.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you connect the wires from the VSS?

Did you use the connectors that came along with the set?

FlashBastd said:
Ah, makes sense.
It depends what the cruise control kit is designed to work from. In theory youd think if its marketed to work with manufacturers speed sensors then it would be calibrated to suit?? a lot of manufacturers use 5V or there abouts reference voltages for sensors.

It is interesting as I was looking at a Head Up Display kit, and also a front and rear parking sensor kit, both of which work from the VSS, and both of which had the option of adding a VSS amplifier.

Could do, I have just changed my settings to 2000 pulse / mile and VSS, and it doesn't work. I am going to change back to revs.

Now I am done, allmoust, the only wire thats left is the VSS,I liked the connectors that came with the set quite usefull and effective like knifes to the cable.

I dobble cecket the connector that I wasnt sure I put on right, It amazed me that it was possible to turn it both ways , If you chaged the bracket the other way. Scary...
well well at least it was marked on the blueprint 1- 12 pin .

Why on earth do they use popp rivets instead of screws on the PCM bracket.
I was hoping to locate the wire without taken of the PCM bracket but I gave up.

Sad it didnt work with the VSS, there must be others on the net sharing the same problem.

Is it possible to go directly frome one of the 4 * VSS speed sensor?
What kind off signal does they give? Is it the PCM that convert the signal to be readable?

Going straight to the VSS sensor could be better, but I am wary of making connections in the engine bay.

I am going to see how it works based on the tacho, but with the sensitivity turned up.

If the gps had been more relayble it would been the best signal to show speed of the car.
Hold me updated on the tacho.

[ref]FlashBastd[/ref],
Good night.
I'm from Portugal, I have a neurological degenerative disease, and a I have a Ford puma 1.4 from 98, and a need a cruise control in my puma.
I can't by another car, it's at LPG.
It's possible to by that cruise kit at 2021?
Can you please help me?
Sorry, my bad English
Best regards

Welcome Lacan,

This is quite a thread resurrection.

Looking at the system Flash used (he hasn't visited since 2019) it looks like a universal vacuum system. I had a quick look but could only find a system on ebay from Australia!

Something like this, which looks very similar to the Adiovox CCS1-- that Flash used at a quick look

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283219893984?hash=item41f1389ee0:g:pDsAAOSwqoxgqIik

Latest posts

Back