Adding a cruise controll / audio on wheel switch.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have looked at my instructions and can't find my notes. If / when I get chance I will look at the TIS and try to let you know which wires you need to tap into.

I am I using the right parts that you used on yours?
There are so many parts to choose bethween .-)

You added a bigger hole in the bracket?

I used the same bolts as used to the actual unit, and I think I did have to increase the holes in that bracket a bit. Otherwise that looks just like mine.

If you get a Ford TIS DVD from eBay, that will help with the wiring. I am just struggling to find the time to go back through it.

Hey;-)

Thanks again for quick answear,
I been taking lots of pictures you can add coment to I think, Its in my album. I have connected the things I think I undersatand , but have alot of spare parts.

You will inevitably come out with a lot of spares, such is the nature of such a universal kit.

In terms of parts, you need the vacuum tube along with an appropriate connector to join to the servo pipe, the bits you have identified in the above pic, the bracket to mount the main unit, and the control panel that I have mounted on the steering column. Reckon that is about it from the supplied kit.

I will have a look at your album now.

The black tube where did you attatch it ?

Did you use a spare fuse place in the main fusebox ( on the drivers place) ?
for the cruise controll fuse.

The cruise cable should be fine, yours is fixed just like mine. Regarding the rubber hose, look at some of my engine bay pics in my project thread, it just connects to the tube from the vacuum hoe.

My switch is on the side of the steering column, above the ignition barrel.

I took power from the fuse box, can't recall which wire off the top of my head.

Okay here are the pictures from the project

image.php

I tried follow the pictures of yours, hope it looks familliar

image.php

Here is the wire routing I used, no hot spots I think.

image.php

image.php

I looked at your site black puma project but couldnt see where the tube was going to be added.

image.php

image.php

image.php

Does it look allright ?

One thing , what does the wire do?

image.php

I added the cruise switch here along with the manual light switch.

image.php

Got some extra cable left not sure what it is for.

image.php

If you look at this pic;

enginebaySep09001.jpg

Near the dipstick you can see the rubber hose and where it joins to the vacuum pipe going to the servo, look for a small while adaptor.

Brown wire goes to ignition switched power source, you can take this from the fuse box
Grey wire goes to the VSS, you can take this from behind the instrument cluster, from pin 18
Red wire goes to the live side of the brake pedal switch
Purple wire goes to the other side of the brake pedal switch, to cancel the cruise control if you touch the brake
Blue wire goes to the rev counter, you can take this from behind the instrument cluster, I think pin 21
Black is earth, ground to one of the mounting bolts
Green and yellow go to the control

I only use the black and grey from the cruise controll switch?
There are a grey and a black comming from the black cruise controll brain box too this must be for the magnet thing.
Brake pedal switch not familiar with it , is it easy to find ? Look behind the brakes pedals ,

Thanks for the color chart that helps a lot , hope I can do some tomorrow if its not to cold its been minus 4- 8 last couple of days and the garage is not the warmest place to be :).

It is the grey from the black & grey from the unit that goes to the VSS, IIRC.

The grey and black from the cruise control swith go to the illumination circuit and to earth.

-4 - -8, that is pretty cold!

Hehe sorry for all the questions :oops:
Just keep on finding new:- )

I been looking at the drawing but cant find the brake pedal switch
only the parking switch.

Will it be the same if I use the brake light vs the brake switch ?
The brake light get their power from the brake switch dont they?

Latest posts

Back