Alarm check

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby4Puma

Hello guys, i had my battery off the car for 2 days due to some repairs and after i connected i noticed 2 things : when i open the passenger door with the key the alarm doesnt start, before it did...and now after i turn off ignition and i pull off the key i hear 3 beeps...the red near the clock its bleeping...but i dont know if the alarm still works...how can i check to see if its still working ? Tnx

Unlock it and open the boot.
Push down the little black plunger switch on the bonnet slam panel. Hold it down while double locking the car.
Release plunger switch.
Hopefully alarm should go off.

Must have long arms to do that then,why not leave drivers window open,lock car wait a minute and then pop bonnet open or turn ignition on,if your getting beeping then there could be an upgrade alarm fitted to original alarm system.

I did what u told me with the window open and i popped the bonnet and the alarm started ...so its working...i think u can set the alarm to go off if u unlock it from the passenger side

To check all door and boot sensors,you can put alarm into diagnostic mode,leave car unlocked pop bonnet,press bonnet alarm sensor rapidly a few times you will hear the alarm horn beep,then open each door and boot if alarm doesnt beep when they are opened there is a fault with that item.

I think the sensor is working on the passenger door ...i know u can program it to start if u unlock it from the passenger side...when u unlock it keep it in that position for 2 seconds...or something like that...i read it here somewhere but i forgot...anyway im happy i can unlock ot now and it wont start..so i wont have to go all the time on drivers side :)

Back