Alarm Does Not Stop

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjoey

Hru guys, when I bought my Ford Puma, the owner told me never to unlock the car from the right side, only from the left from the driver's seat, if I don't do that the alarm will start and it will be hard to stop.

One night, by mistake I opened the car from the right without realising what I've done, and I left, after a couple of hours I went to the car again to hop in but when I opened the door the car alarm started.
The only way I killed the alarm was by removing the battery terminals.
I tried to lock it and unlock it many times but the alarm wouldn't stop.
A friend of mine took the battery terminals out but now the fog light from the back, the front defogger, the wippers and the automated trunk opening stopped working.
Can you guys help me with advices on how to kill the alarm without losing what I listed above?
Thanks!

Alarm module should be in the drivers footwell behind the carpet right hand side. There are 2 wiring plugs, disconnect the smaller one and job done. The root cause will be the micro switch in the door lock.

Good luck.

Trueblue,So if i replace the micro switch the problem will be solved? Can you show me a photo tosee how it looks. Thanks!

Just watched this getting done,in the dark,wind and rain.Its a pain to get to,easy to fix,and a pain to put back together! :-(

I had never ending alarm and keyfob issues with R reg 1.7. Finally just diconnected the alarm sounder, you may also have the 4 ways going even if the alarms not sounding, thats annoying too - pull fuse 15 I think it is - this will stop that. You may lose electric mirror adjust and have to manually lock the doors but hey we can live with that. We couldent use the car the way it was.
My wife has never been happier

Hey! I spread the door today but i don t find any microswitch, can you please give me a photo to see how ti looks and where is placed?

Latest posts

Back