anti roll bars + bushes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkie

i read in one of these threads to replace the puma arb with fiesta zetec S ones.ie mk5 fiesta as they are stronger. anyone shed any light on this or where is best to get them. is ebay the way forward or would you recommend buying from ford themselves?

and also read that the focus tdi wheel bearings are a good stronger than standard replacement when wheel bearings go in the puma too.

I got one from someone breaking a Z-S. The Z-S ARB is slightly chunkier, but having done it, I wouldn't honestly bother, it is an awful job.

there are only 2 bolts per arb though i thought. looks like a simple enough job?

do the holes need to be bored out or something using the zetec s ones?

Chris,

The fitting is the same for the 14, 16 and (IIRC) 18mm ARB's. The only thing that changes is the size of the hole inside the bush, to facilitate a larger ARB.

I don't have pics, but visually it looks just like a standard Fiesta 1.8D/Courier/Puma ARB, just a touch greater in diameter. Sorry this is a bit of a lame answer, but hopefully it makes sense.

FlashBastd said:
Chris,

The fitting is the same for the 14, 16 and (IIRC) 18mm ARB's. The only thing that changes is the size of the hole inside the bush, to facilitate a larger ARB.

thats what i mean mate...

if the zs has a different roll bar how can the bush be interchangable....

are you talking about changing the bar AND bush..?

:idea: :)

Well obviously!! You need Z-S bushes to go with the Z-S ARB!

Bizarrely though, I understand that Powerflex didn't do an ARB for the Z-S, and said that you should just "make it fit"!

how do you go about lowering the sub frame... i looked at it the other day and yeah... NASTY

I knew I should've took pictures when mine was lowered to replace the wishbone's, ARB Bushes and a multitude of other stuff last June but I never thought I'd need that sort of info as I'd pay someone to do it for me....lol

I think they were lowered but I was drinking coffee and wandering around all day....lol

TyeBoi said:
how do you go about lowering the sub frame... i looked at it the other day and yeah... NASTY

I don't honestly know, I had it done at the garage. What I do know is that the language used toward me when I went to collect it was colourful.

Back