Anyone having misfire problems??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w207

Hi Everyone, I hope that this might help someone out there with misfire issues, it's worth a try at least. As you might have guessed I have had a misfire for approx 7-8 weeks and I kept getting the engine management light coming on. I looked at the info here and I was thinking a number of things, coil pack, HT leads, bad fuel??? and I didn't want to spend money and the problem not be solved. I had my local mechanic do a check and also switch the light off with No faults found but "O2 censor slow to react" was coming up on the diagnostic and at this point my Puma still had the misfire. My mechanic told me to come back if the light came on again and hopefully the diagnostic would show the fault??? Anyway...4 times later and switching the light off it kept showing the same result???!! Soooo....my mechanic suggested that it's probably my "cat" ha :) not the Puma. He said take your car onto the motorway and THRASH it!!! get the cat really hot...... :) so I did. After my entertainment I parked my car. The very next morning I started my car the EML light was off and the misfire has gone, my Puma is running sweet with no issues. If there is any change I will let you know but it must be worth a try......I loved thrashing my Puma, it's too easy to forget how great these cars are!!

Back