As if one headache wasn't enough...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myweepuma

Since dropping 2 cars think it's time to get another!

Going to see an x reg later 64k timing belt done last year add says body works immaculate..... Oh aye right except the big plastic corsa strips they've put over the rear arches :s

Worth a view if nothing else!

And then there were 2!

image.php

all though its future is uncertain

check this for a rear arch fix up :roll:

image.php

going to take them off later see what in gods name they're hiding ......

trust me it doesn't look good lol

took the passenger side off first

image.php

was thinking at this point this may not be as bad as we think .....

how wrong was I !!

Drivers side

image.php

image.php

thats some serious bodging! theres silicone and all sorts of crap holding it together!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but God alive that is some top bodgery! :lol:

Congratulations on doing the double though! I'm beginning to think one Puma is never enough!

I've had 3 at one point but until we strip this one back we won't know if it's worth saving

has a decent 64k engine in it but the body work is a total shocker!

The mot failure was 2 wishbones and rear axle bushes but if it don't look good then no ones gonna want it!

If you do keep it and replace the rear arches, you should leave the plastic trim off. The arch trims are the worst to collect water and it makes the arches rust. I remember a load of older cars which had the trim was bad with the rust and the trim looked bad.

If we fix it then the rear arches will get new metal and no plastic corsa trim! The effort they put into bodging it they could have don't a decent enough repair with filler!

Don't worry mate... Not just you with bad arches :thumbs:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but that N/S rear tyre looks like it's on the wrong way round... Can't quite make it out properly :?

Back