Battery too big!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floore

I have just bought my new battery from CAS. I asked specifically for a battery for a 1.6 Ford Puma and when I got home to install it found it was too wide at the longest side. Is there any way of fitting it or will I need to take it back and buy a smaller one? I would have gone back and asked but they are now closed till tomorrow and wanted to get this done asap.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Floore

The AA fitted me a new one and had the same problem. They ended up putting in a slightly smaller one that would fit and said it would have plenty of power for the car.

You have the 1.7 battery, iirc, the 1.6 battery is smaller then the 1.7, for some strange reason. So if you can get a 1.7 battery tray, it might fit. Failing that, youll have to swap your battery

1.4 should take an 063 battery, 212mm x 175mm x 175mm
1.6 and 1.7 should both take an 075 battery, 242mm x 175mm x 175mm

http://www.tayna.co.uk/fitments/0/R11932/Puma-Batteries.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh, ok, i whent to get a battery for my puma as it died when the cold weather was here, and i went to the bloke i get my spares from, and took the battery out of a 1.6, and when i got to put in in my puma, it was too small, thats why i thought the batteries were different.

I ended up taking the battery back, and their records showed the battery they gave me was for a 1.6, the one I needed was for the 1.4....records need changing methinks = / Still, £43 isn't too bad with a 2 year guarantee :)

Latest posts

Back