Better solution to USB/3.5mm jack routing.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinfandel

So, I have my phone mounted on the extreme lower right hand side of the windscreen since it's got my satnav and all sorts on it.

I'm sure there's a way you could wire it in properly but that's beyond my technical capabilities so I was wondering how simple or not it would be to basically take a USB cable from the cig lighter and have the USB to Micro USB run under the dash and out of the dash in the top right hand side (and similarly a 3.5mm jack running from the stereo into the dash and out from underneath in the same place.

What do you think?

You could do that.....
Run the cable from the ciggie lighter, up inside the dash. From there, run across and above the steering column, across to the right side. You could then run the cable up the side of the dash behind the door rubber and out between the dash and the cover on the pillar.

i am bit lost here. Can't you just take the USB route for charging and signal to HU? Or you are using original CD6000? I wanted to say that 3,5 mm cabel seems out of place here in these times.....

Wild E. Coyote said:
i am bit lost here. Can't you just take the USB route for charging and signal to HU? Or you are using original CD6000? I wanted to say that 3,5 mm cabel seems out of place here in these times.....

It'll be going to a galaxy S3, can you control it with just the USB?? Using spotify and what not.

I really couldn't tell. I have iPhone4 and Apline recognises it without a problem. Perhaps a modul from Parrots? I know that using a Parrot you can hook up iPod/iPhone to a CD6000....

^ Samsungs don't work like iPHones, you have a charger port. Which also outpouts HDMI (with adapter) and a line out.

Latest posts

Back