Bit oily and wet underneath - PIC UPDATE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Noticed that underneath my car seems to be getting a bit wet, its not Powersteering fluid, nor is it gearbox oil, pretty much definatly engine oil.

more seems to be on the drivers side of the engine however it doesnt really make sense, theres patches around the bottom of the sump and the sump nut and just at the back of the sump but then its wet underneath the oil filter and where that meets.

Havent had chance to jack it up and have a good look yet, but its got me a bit puzzled based on the randomness of where the wetness is any ideas?

I had a wet patch on the old Black one in a similar area, turned out to be from the rocker cover gasket.. wasnt sealed properly...

Just a thought :eek:k:

yeah that was my thought, it needs doing i know its leaking slightly, on my job list for next month or month after, although looking i couldnt see any wet patches down the side of the engine anywhere

although i reckon you might be right, hope it is that

UPDATE: took some pics seems to be leaking from around the bottom of the cambelt cover, theory is rocker could be leaking on the bit that the cover goes and down the inside out here? is there anything else around there that could be leaking behind the cambelt cover?

P1050906.JPG

P1050908.JPG

dont worry confirmed as rocker cover, found where its leaking and dripping down

Mines exactly the same matey, got it booked in for the rocker cover doing this weekend hopefully! ....mines leaking down the back but also now leaking into the top of the plugs too. Least its nowt serious tho mate ...you can now breathe again lol. :cool:

yeah rocker cover was on list of jobs anyway knew it was leaking just not this bad, why dont you do it yourself its fairly easy lol?

Mine is exactly the same underneath! I had mine up on the ramps crawling about underneath and could see its pretty much definitley the Rocker cover Gasket :eek:k: . I'll be doing mine tomorrow after some good advice from Scubasteve and some other guys on the forum, it looks pretty straight forward apart from one sensor I needed advice about on the right of the rocker cover.....

Oh i love you guys! Had my car up in the air today and saw a oily sump and was worried that the sump gasket may need replacing or worse that it would be the big end seal.

Was searching for sump gasket replacament found this thread, looked at the back of the engine and guess what Oily around the back of the rocker cover.

if you want a better seal put some mastik sealant in the gap before putting the gasket in place, then put it on top of the gasket and give it a 'double seal' :) tis what I had doen to mine when that was leaking :eek:k:

look in the how to section Fil2Fly iv made a fitting guide with all you need to know

Spot on, thanks.

Decided to check the timing belt, last owner said it had been changed. He lied :/ I guess il do them both at the same time fun fun :)

Latest posts

Back