Body repairs - with pics

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

My Puma has been under the knife for some much-needed rust repair and new panel welding. A local body repair outfit, John King Body Repair (in Napton, Warwickshire) did the work and you can see his work here: https://www.facebook.com/john.bodyrepair

On the list was both front wings (both rusty at the bottom rear section where the wheel throws up crud), both sills, inner rear arches and outer offside rear arch.

I got 2x secondhand wings locally through Ebay, they were a bit crusty but I scraped the rust off and treated, then coated with a few coats of zinc primer on the inside.

The sills came from Poland (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HQ-FORD-PUMA-1997-2002-SILL-REPAIR-PANEL-ROCKER-PANEL-SET-OF-2-Pair/273445817807?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&hash=item3faaa40dcf:g:k3sAAOSwTxJcWxEz). OS Rear arch donor panel taken from a new (pattern) Peugeot 206 front NS wing.

John and his team have done a superb job and last night provided me with some pics to share, hopefully I'll be able to collect it tonight. Sorry, the pics aren't in the right order, but you'll get the gist I think.

Jobs when I get it home - waxoyl where I can to protect the new work, refit the interior, fit some mudflaps and possibly treat to some sill protectors if I can justify the £30! Glad we have some dry weather coming.

Attachments

• puma front wings prep.jpg
    puma front wings prep.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 182
  • puma ns front door prep.jpg
    puma ns front door prep.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 182
  • puma ns front wing and door finished.jpg
    puma ns front wing and door finished.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 182
  • puma ns rear arch inner.jpg
    puma ns rear arch inner.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 182
  • puma nsr arch fill prep.jpg
    puma nsr arch fill prep.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 182
  • puma nsr arch finished.jpg
    puma nsr arch finished.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 182
  • puma os sill repair welding.jpg
    puma os sill repair welding.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 182
  • puma osr arch fill and sand.jpg
    puma osr arch fill and sand.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 182
  • puma osr arch finished.jpg
    puma osr arch finished.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 182
  • puma osr arch inner welding.jpg
    puma osr arch inner welding.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 182
  • Puma osr arch repair.jpg
    Puma osr arch repair.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 182
Better late than never haha. I recently bought my first Puma and have a similar issue with the rear right arch and sill and have been looking around and trying to get quotes. Out of interest how much did all of that cost if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying not to get completely ripped off aha :grin:

It was £2k. That's A LOT, but I decided it was a good investment. Bear in mind that's a fair amount of welding, filling then spraying.

If you're only doing rear arches (say) it ought to be a lot less, especially if you can do some prep yourself.

Having seen the car recently, which is 3 years on from the work being done. I can confirm it's an excellent job and has stood the test of time well
Hope to see it again on Thursday at the next Southam meet.

Back