Boot fob button stopped working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grims_Puma

I have recently had a new battery put in and the boot button + the rest were working fine, about a month ago the boot release button stopped working I now have to do it by key but the lock and unlock works fine. Any ideas?

3 button fob? circuit board failure = new fob, key comes away from fob, so new key not required, when key and fob back together, then keyfob will need reprogramming.

Btw are you clicking the boot button twice within 3 secs? I thought mine was broken until I figured out you had to click the boot release one twice lol.

I take it a new fob would be expensive? ill get my mate at the ford garage to have a look at it see what he thinks,and yes i have tried changing how many times i press the button and all that but still no lock, thanx tho
pumapilot said:
3 button fob? circuit board failure = new fob, key comes away from fob, so new key not required, when key and fob back together, then keyfob will need reprogramming.

I had my fob replaced around 2-3 years ago, it cost £67 to fit and reprogramme the key, at Tremona garage in Southampton.

It might just be a case of removing the trim covering the locking mechanism in the boot and squirting a bit of WD40 around . I had problems with my last Puma and discovered the plunger that popped the boot was sticking. Once freed I had no more problems.

cool thanx ill give this a try
Midnight Blue said:
It might just be a case of removing the trim covering the locking mechanism in the boot and squirting a bit of WD40 around . I had problems with my last Puma and discovered the plunger that popped the boot was sticking. Once freed I had no more problems.

Back