Boot lock problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA88

Hi all, I recently got a 98 Puma 1.7 and the boot won't open from the outside at all, it opens if I turn the white thing on the back of the lock from inside. When I put the key in the lock moves but it isn't moving the white thing on the back at all and I also have the door open warning on constantly but thats due to the boot latch I think. Anyone else have this problem?

The door warning might also be your bonet switch although you could be correct.

I think quite a few people have manual lock probs due to them likely hardly ever getting used, have you tried squirting wd40 in and jiggling it?

quest63 said:
The door warning might also be your bonet switch although you could be correct.

I think quite a few people have manual lock probs due to them likely hardly ever getting used, have you tried squirting wd40 in and jiggling it?

Yep nothing happens had the same problem on an old Fiesta I used to own turned out the barrel was worn out. I'm sure these have central locking motors on the boot so why won't it just open when I press the button in on the boot.

They do have central locking on the boot you press the bottom button on the remote twice and it pops open.

As should pushing in the button on the boot

quest63 said:
They do have central locking on the boot you press the bottom button on the remote twice and it pops open.

As should pushing in the button on the boot

mmm strange it did work the other day then I locked it and unlocked it then it wouldn't work again I'm thinking the motor might be on it's way out but that still doesn't explain why it won't open when I press the button on the boot

Mine wouldn't open on the button so I took the back trim off and had a look around the wiring on the back panel. Nothing worked until I took off an earth on the LHS of the car and cleaned it up. It's working now :)
Barry

tuonokid said:
Mine wouldn't open on the button so I took the back trim off and had a look around the wiring on the back panel. Nothing worked until I took off an earth on the LHS of the car and cleaned it up. It's working now :)
Barry

I'll give that a bash tomorrow mate cheers

Mine didnt work when i Got it needed a good jiggy and lube worked fine until winter, this time really greased it up well, otherwise if you get ready to pull it up as you press button it should open then.

Coolest thing ever a pop up boot in summer it pops up quite high to lol!

tuonokid said:
You're very welcome ;-)
Barry

Just tried this but still the same :( found the solenoid though so might try changing that when the weather is abit better.

Latest posts

Back