Boot Lock

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA88

Getting fed up of my Puma now got a replacement solenoid for the boot hoping it would sort it but wired it up to test and nothing so the only other thing I can think of is the switch on the back of the lock itself but the lock is riveted in so is there a way to get the back of the lock off without drilling these out?.

Have you tried running 12v direct to the solenoid to make sure it works,,ie remove and briefly connect to battery to see if it operates.

Well I know the new one works as I've tested it so must be the switch on the barrel itself at fault.

Or is it possible to get the switch out without removing anything else?.

lusid666 said:
have you checked your fuses? dose the boot open from the remote on the key (double press)?

Nope nothing happens when you press the remote only unlocks the front doors. What fuse is it?

this thread might help http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15892&p=199180&hilit=fuses#p199180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm guessing you must have an earlier 2 button remote, the later ones were 3 button and the bottom button is the boot release.

Latest posts

Back