Brake upgrade ????

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u2gav

After reading the most excellent thread on Modifications, I decided the best brake upgrade for my 1998 1.7 with my limited skills and budget would be front discs, callipers etc from a 2001 Puma or the Fiesta ST.
But I live in Ireland and it is near impossible to find either of these in a scrap yard. So I looked at getting them from the UK but because they are so heavy it costs a small fortune to ship them.

So my question is, are there any other straight bolt-on brake upgrades for Puma that are easy to source from a more common variant of Ford?

Thanks Gav.

the Mondeo set up needs a modification to the pums brake set up....

The calipers are from a mondeo mk3 and discs from an Focus ST170 the carriers are also required and 12.5mm drill bit is needed to enlarge the holes for the bolts....

Also it must be noted that this set up is'nt recommended if you have 15" wheels as the calipers need grinding... 16" + they fit fine...

The 260mm calipers as fitted to later Pumas are also used on lots of other Fords. Best bet is to look for 2002on Fiesta's / Fusions in breakers yards.

Standard Focus calipers won't work as the carrier is integrated into the knuckle.

Have a look on the zsoc.com website, you will probably need to register (free) first before accessing info.
Then go to http://www.zsoc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163631" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on there and it shows you the modifications required to fit the 300mm discs under 15" wheels. Lots of other useful info as well.

Thanks alot peeps,

Got some off a Fusion, the breakers yard is only 20 minutes from my house and dirt cheap too :p :p

I will put em on this Saturday along with the lowering springs :cool:

Thanks again

Back