Cam belt change

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpettigrew

Well, I've finally hit 70k on my puma and am fully aware that the next service is going to include the dreaded cam belt change. So my big question is:

Not including the service cost, what kind of price am I looking at for it to be done?

You're probably looking between £250-£400, depending on where you take it.

Pumaspeed: £83.50 for the full belt kit, and £159.80 for labour.
Pumabuild: £227.00 all in.

Aux belt will be an extra £20ish which is a good idea as they have to take the old one off anyway.

Ford garages vary depending on the dealer chain, but will probably sit at the higher end of the range.

Thanks Cherie.

I think i better start saving.........Def not taking it to the dealer.

And it should have been changed 2 years ago :roll:

5 years or 80k which ever occurs first.

As above really, I had mine done at Pumabuild. Been on over a year now and no complaints from me.

oops he he. i not had it long and had my mechanic look the engine over and when i asked about the belt he said it still had plenty life left in it. so plan on the 80k change.

Asked in my local garage that I take ours to for MOT's and various work:
"Yeah, we can do them no problem , about 3 hours labour so about £200"

Might give them a go one day as I know their work is good and trustworthy not to rip me off.

A local garage to me said the same thing but then couldnt do it as they couldnt get hold of the locking tool.

Mines getting done Friday with my local blokey. Am skint but its just my luck at the moment for it to go if I put it off any longer.

Prepared for a huge bill as have a rumbling on the front drivers side too.

Cambelt didn't need doing after all. He started stripping bits off and knew it had been done recently. Go to the belt and it still had writing on it. Result.

Still cost £277 for the service, rear brake cylinders & the suspension mount that was causing the rumbling.

My mechanic quoted £90 labour charge, then theres the parts on top of that.

A water pump is recommended as well while you're at it.

I have a ford guy who does the big jobs for me. He only charged me about £50 labour to change the belt on mine, but doing it on his own it took him 6 hours..........

Latest posts

Back