Cam pulleys on stock internals

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyvr

Hello there, i was wondering this. My camshaft pulley for the intake shaft, which is hydraulic (1.7) has gone bye bye, and i cannot find a new one anywhere. Also, salvage ones are very used up. How good of an idea it would be to have adjustable pulleys, considering i have stock internals. Also, bear in mind that i'm willing to have further mods as i want to build it as a mix of track day and daily driver :grin:

Hmmm. I realy don't think it would work, umless you run a stand alone engien managment system, as the engin would generate faults when it tryes to trim the vct... you would also jeed to blanke off the vct somehow,,but that' probably not to hard...

I think Lightning motorsport suply aftermarket cams... but I don't remember if they use the vct, or remove it.

But then again the vct, is what makes the engien, whitout it it's nowhere near as good..

You'd essentially be eliminating the VVT from the engine, so without lairy cams you'd be losing quite a chunk of power.

But you lose the VVT on lairy engines anyway so it's not such a bad idea if you're following up with internals to suit!

Back