car won't start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyeff

I have an issue where my car won't start.the starter motor is spooling up but its trying to start but it isnt . some reason I think the fuel pump is on its way out but its firing up as well. Just got my rocket cover gasket changed with spark plugs so was thinking the coil pack but it would still start I assume

You say it fires up, so is it then simply stopping? May be enough fuel in the system to do that if fuel pump is not working properly and on its way out as you say

If it is not firing at all I would go for coil pack, incorrect plug gap, loose leads.

Bit vague but may help

OK al have a look.hopefully I can get a coil pack pretty quickly. I recon the gap isn't right ether now that I think about it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FiXDmkHTRus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a video of what its doing fuel pump is firing up

My fuel gadge doesn't work so don't worry about that. The power steering feels like it doesn't work even when I turn it on before I start my engine

looks to me to either be a failing fuel pump, or seriously cloget fuel filter...

I wouldn't look to much into the power stering, as that won't come into efect bofore afte the engien has startetd, it is driven directly by the engien :)

This sounds silly but think it could of ran out of fuel? I haven't fueled this week usually about 40 quid for the week

Back