central locking module (?)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e46 coupe

Hello to all members.
I just got a 1998 Puma 1.7l few weeks ago.
Apart from the trills it offers, of course it had to show a bit of temper.
I found a post in here related to remote central locking issues and I added a comment but I didn't get any help so far. So I am thinking that maybe if I start a new post I might be luckier.
When I bought the car, the remote CL fob didn't work( wasted batteries...) as the car was off the road for a couple of years. after replacing the batteries, even though the fob transmits a signal( plus the red light on it lights up when holding a button on), the car does not go in programming mode.
My model is a 1998 with old style mechanical dials, IR 2 buttons remote.
The biggest problem was that the boot didn't open either( maybe the same common problem ?....) but I created an internal switch that links directly to the the pump/motor of the boot lock---- so that problem is sorted.
The other issues is that only the passenger door OPENS the central locking, but both door locks can close it. My fear is that some day the only lock that opens the car might go busted and it is going to give some headaches. After trying suggested methods to get the remote CL fob working, I can only conclude the the CL module(....) can be at fault.
So, if anybody here has experience on this matter, can point me at the locations of this, also if it can be replaced with a second hand one, etc....
Your comments and time are much appreciated.
Regards.

It sounds like someone has replaced the drivers door lock as all Ford Tibbe keys will lock any other Tibbe Ford

oilburner said:
It sounds like someone has replaced the drivers door lock as all Ford Tibbe keys will lock any other Tibbe Ford

The key is locking the car from driver's door allright, but not opening it. so the barrel may be faulty. but if i could get the fob working than I wouldn't worry much about that.
I am trying to get the best balance between cost and results really for my old cat :wink:
I found second hand modules on ebay, but first i don't know where is on the car, second: would one from a different car mess with my imobiliser/ central locking frequency, etc..... , and also is funny the way central locking works, but the module is not going in programming mode :? .
That is why i would like advice from someone that knows what's what....
My local Ford dealer has offer to investigate for €50-60 but that is not to fix it... More €€€....

Latest posts

Back